What next at icedrive?

Hey @Sergio , welcome to the community! :wave:

I will pass the message on to dev team regarding your points about WebDAV & Linux. The android logging out issue is something we are aware of and as you can see in the thread below, we have addressed it and will be keeping an eye on this issue:

Icedrive has taken Online Storage by storm , The direction I’d like Icedrive to do go is the suite route.
Like Proton mail. Introducing IceMail /IceVPN etc.

I think this will take Icedrive up to a new level.

Hey @Corra, @Anon, thanks for both your feedback. I think for the moment our dev team are very much concentrating on making our current services the best they can be by improving and enhancing our features along with introducing some new ones. We very much appreciate the feedback though and will consider for the future.

1 Like

Thx Anon and Chris for the input , I still love Icedrive , lets scratch it up to castles in the sky from my side.

Hey @Corra that’s absolutely fine, we love the feedback and suggestions.

I love the speed of viewing my files (mainly photographs) in icedrive, it’s quicker than anything else I tried. I have created a new topic with some suggestions for future updates:

1 Like

Hi @cedge Welcome to the community :wave: We will take a look and get back to you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey Tom,

Is there any option to lock icedrive portable in windows,because whenever i open that portable exe file my account already logged in.

so i need to make sure when i close my portable app then it ask me a code like android app or any fingerprint access because my laptop has fingerprint.

Hey @TheMartius you you need to log out of your session in the portable app by going to your settings and then clicking unlink account. This will log you out of your session.

hey bro i know this but i am asking for a security pin feature in portable app so that i can avoid login logout everytime.

1. Option to throttle upload bandwidth. Currently, synchronisation saturates my available upload, to the detriment of download.
  2. Option to specify different sync intervals for different directories. Great to sync my email directory hourly (for example) but other directories I’d like to just sync daily (Although this is partly to mitigate the issue noted above!)
  3. Sync changes rather than upload the entire file. Frustrating if I change metadata attributes on my music library for example.

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi @jorganmeister :wave: Welcome to the community! Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this on to the dev team.

When is the android update coming?

Hey @Navin Welcome to the community! The android update is currently in internal testing, this will officially release very soon. Please stay tuned for any announcements.

1 Like

Love the product. I wonder if you could change the GUI so that when it displays a list of folders, it also indicates the size of that folder. Sometimes I find that whereas I thought materials had been uploaded and there is a folder reflecting this, some of the contents is missing. It would be much easier to compare the folder size on my local machine to the folder size on IceDrive, rather than having to open every folder, count the number of files and either check the size of each file, or calculate the sum of all the files.

Thank for considering.

5 Likes

Hey @BeachNYC welcome to the community! Thanks for the kind feedback, I’ll forward your suggestion onto our dev team for consideration.

Just tried the free tier, testing the iOS app’s music abilities. Brilliant product - absolutely love the clean and fast UI. My primary use case will be storing and playing music - so +1 for a dedicated media player app! I have all my ~200GB music on a Synology NAS, and the player is pretty good, but would like to move the library to Icedrive.

Key features:

• List by artist/album (folder structure would be Artist > Album > Songs)
  • Continue streaming music while browsing the library, or when the app is in the background
  • Search
  • Show album art (assuming it’s included in the folder)

Nice-to-haves:

• Playlists
  • Streamed songs cached locally after played (be able to configure the cache size - e.g. 2GB, with first in, last out)

If possible it would be great to beta test the media player.

1 Like

Hey @FredL Welcome to the community! Thank you for the feedback, I like the idea of playlists ect, I will pass this over to the dev team to consider.

Thanks @Tom. Does the team have any thoughts on allowing 3rd party media players to connect to IceDrive? I tested CloudBeats free media player connected to pCloud’s free tier, and it works well with all the features needed - might save re-inventing the wheel. I’d much prefer to use Icedrive to support UK business.

@FredL I run this by the dev team :slightly_smiling_face: