IcedriveMounted on linux

Doesn’t start

IcedriveMounted on linux
Manjaro 24.0.8

Issue

Both the v3.0 and recently updated v3.10 failed to start.
tried v3.10 from term

[@manjaro-xfce Apps]$ ./IcedriveMounted-v3.10-x86_64.AppImage
./IcedriveMounted-v3.10-x86_64.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libevent-2.1.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi @jjoneil

For those who are unable to install it. do :

sudo apt-get install libevent-dev
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libevent-2.1.so.7 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libevent-2.1.so.6"

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thx for the info
libevent is already installed on my distro.

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libevent-2.1.so.7 /usr/lib/libevent-2.1.so.6

fixed this error and did get a task running but no icedrive window, no nothing…

Would it be possible for you to send us the log as there may be an issue with you connecting so the log would help us determine this. Could you submit the log by attaching in a support ticket? You can access the log via the following pathway;

~/.local/share/Icedrive/logdata.txt

Have you also tried the CLI version or tried running the GUI app from command line?

Hi,
I do have the same issue: running from cmd line as a regular user does not give any output, oh, well, to be fair, this one:

cico@thinclient:~/Scaricati$ ./IcedriveMounted-v3.10-x86_64\ \(1\).AppImage 
[04.09.2024 00:08:12.117] [183253] ==================================

I tried installing with root user, it seems go far from this initial prompt, does not find some icons, that the program will be moved to another location and nothing happens in the GUI.
My logdata.txt file is empty:

cico@thinclient:~/.local/share/Icedrive$ ls -lrth
totale 0
-rw-rw-r-- 1 cico cico 0 set  3 23:16 logdata.txt
cico@thinclient:~/.local/share/Icedrive$ 

Any idea?

Thank you!

Here is the msg when start from terminal. App crashed in few secs

> Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in ""
[04.09.2024 23:15:13.619] [81835] ==================================
[04.09.2024 23:15:13.619] [81835] Icedrive Mounted App
[04.09.2024 23:15:13.620] [81835] Logged in as xxx
App settings:
App v.3.11 (102) 64 bit
OS version: Linux #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu, 29 Aug 2024 18:23:15 +0000 6.10.7-2-cachyos x86_64
LogLocation: /home/xxx/.local/share/Icedrive/logdata.txt
CacheLocation: /home/xxx/.local/share/Icedrive/Tmp/
CommandLine: ./IcedriveMounted-v3.11-x86_64.AppImage
MountPoint: /home/xxx/Icedrive
EconomicalCaching: no
StartUp: yes
CryptoRoot: no
DebugBuild: no
ReadOnly: no
Sync:
 Local deletion policy: Do not delete
 Remote deletion policy: Do not delete

fish: Job 1, './IcedriveMounted-v3.11-x86_64.…' terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)

now seems ok after deleted all IceDrive config files and create new empty folder in the cloud for fresh sync.

Just to note, the latest v3.11 version now seems to work for linux (at least on manjaro).
(not sure if the ‘sudo ln’ command above is still required).

Thanks for the heads up, yes we found something that was causing some issues on mac and linux and released 3.11 which fixed it :slight_smile:

It should work without needing all the above jargon now :wink:

I confirm it is still occuring with the latest version. It didn’t happen with the previous. the entire libevent library is installed and operational. I may decompile and analyze…

Did you symlink as per the other users post? That seems to fix

1 Like

I did Symlink and it just outright not doing anything, but looking on the kernel report console, it seems if it’s not liking the previous config folder…

Probably just a bad event or interrupt Either with the Linux kernel or with the app, but I don’t want to put the blame on you for no reason. :slight_smile:

Anyway, it’s fixed. Took three seconds, reasonable.

1 Like

After some testing, the icedrive appimage inhibit sleep on Linux, preventing it from entering sleep mode. The system will also be prevented from shutting down.
I am on Debian and Gentoo.

Hi,

I also followed the instructions to do the symlink and it didn’t work, because that example is not where my libevent was. On Linux Mint 22 it was located elsewhere, so step one was finding it, so by doing:

ldconfig -p | grep event

I found it so my symlink looked like this:

sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libevent-2.1.so.7 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libevent-2.1.so.6

This fixed it for me