Cache control - clear cache automatically

First of all, thank you very much for the new version of Icedrive. The GUI is very polished and everything works as it should. I’m also glad to hear that lifetime licences and “stacks” are available.

I have one suggestion, though. Cache can always be manually cleared. Additionally, Icedrive should be able to clear cache automatically after a sync process is complete. This would be a useful option for people who use (small) RAM disks for Icedrive cache. Maybe cache control can be enhanced by an option for automatic cache cleaning.

Check the settings, there is a new Economical Caching option which keeps it all to a minimum :slight_smile:

Economical Caching probably keeps things to a minium, but it does not automate the cache clearing process, does it?

BTW, why is Economical Caching not enabled by default? Is there a particular reason for it?

It will automatically clear pretty much everything youre not actively using :slight_smile:

Its not on by default because cache really is needed to give it the feel of an actual drive instead of always accessing things over network

Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately, the new Economical Caching option did not help to prevent Icedrive from “flooding” my RAM disk last night when a sync operation involving large files could not be completed. I have an 8 GB RAM disk which was large enough for all sync operations when I used older versions of Icedrive. Version 3.11 seems to process cache differently, resulting in 100 per cent RAM disk usage when large files are synced. I will try to reproduce the problem and send you send you the logfile.

I have just opened a support ticket and uploaded a screenshot and a logfile. Again, thanks for your help.