All-New Mount & Sync released for Windows, Mac and Linux!

The Day Has Finally Arrived: Welcome the All-New Icedrive Mount & Sync for Windows, Mac, and Linux!

We’re thrilled to share that the all-new Icedrive Mount & Sync is now available on Windows, Mac, and Linux! This release has been a long time coming, and we couldn’t have done it without the incredible support and dedication of our IcePrivacy community.

The journey to perfecting this tool has been challenging, but we believe the end result reflects the hard work and passion poured into it. A heartfelt thank you goes out to our amazing team and all of you who participated in the beta testing. Your feedback was instrumental in getting us to this point.

As you dive into the new app, here are a few important notes:

• You can manage your synced devices through the web app by navigating to Avatar Menu → Access → Sync Devices.
  • With this new version, the method of storing sync pairs has changed, so please take note of any active syncs before upgrading, as they won’t carry over this time (though they will be safe in all future updates).
  • MacOS M2/Apple silicon users, please be aware that additional steps are required to install the mounted drive correctly. (View here)

We know there might be a few bumps along the way since this is a brand-new release, and our testing group was relatively small. However, we’re committed to addressing any issues as soon as they arise to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.

It’s been a busy and rewarding year for us, and we’re excited about what lies ahead. There’s so much more to come, and we can’t wait to continue this journey with all of you!

Thank you for being such an integral part of this process.

Kind regards,
The IcePrivacy Team

10 Likes

Hi @JimmyB ,
any chances you can post a Linux install guide for the new Linux version with GUI?
I’m attempting to test it, but with double click on the AppImage, nothing happens.

Thanks!

Jimmy, where do we post our observations in using V3.0. Here on the site or is there another location that is preferred.

For example, I was alerted on Windows 10 that “Protected folder access blocked.” Icedrive.exe attempted to access “%userprofile%\Favorites.” Why does IceDrive need to access my Favorites? For now, I have not changed the action as it remains “Blocked” until further clarity is provided.

Also, an upload was in process but I decided to abort the upload. The upload was aborted but my file is no longer in my local folder. It appears IceDrive App deleted it? There appears to be a file at the remote location but I suspect it is not a full file since I aborted it. Has this been reported? Where can I find the logs to confirm if the IceDrive App deleted the file?

Thanks.

We changed the bug category category for “windows” to “mount & sync”, feel free to post this issue there, it will be easier to track :slight_smile:

Reposted the 2 incidents in the above folder.

Apparently on Manjaro 24 the AppImage not launching as well. Getting an infamous error message:

./IcedriveMounted-v3.11-x86_64.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libevent-2.1.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

despite the latest libevent 2.1.12-4 is already installed. Fixed by creating a symlink:

ln -s /usr/lib/libevent-2.1.so.7 /usr/lib/libevent-2.1.so.6

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know - We will make sure to handle these errors appropriately in new releases

1 Like

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the Icedrive development team for the new desktop app update.
I’ve been using Icedrive for a while, and this latest version is absolutely superb. The interface is sleek and intuitive, and the designs are pretty concise. I understand the long period of developing/testing, also all kinds of legal process to deal with. It’s clear that a lot of thought and effort went into this release, and it’s absolutely appreciated.

Keep up the amazing work! Best regards! :shamrock:

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

Low tech user here. Is this upgrade something I’m supposed to download? If so, from where?
I use Windows 10 and my desktop app version is 2.75.

Thanks.

1 Like

The team has rebuilt the virtual drive app from the ground up. The current version is v3.11. You can get the latest version for your OS from here:

1 Like

Great to see so many improvements in the icedrive software now. Please list the changes of v3.11 on the Changelog page now it is 2 days old. It would be nice if the changelog gets updated at the same time a new version is released.

thanks for the new client - it works great on my window box, but i am struggling a little to install the Linux cli - do you have any guides or help on this?

Same issue here with openSUSE. Needed to run

sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/libevent-2.1.so.7.0.1 /usr/lib64/libevent-2.1.so.6

I was waiting for this new release before making a purchase since Linux is my preferred OS. Both the Linux app and the web GUI are fantastic in appearance, functionality, and performance. Great job. Time for pCloud and ProtonDrive to up their game! I purchased the 1TB plan earlier today. Thank you.

1 Like

For anyone else seeing this on Linux Mint 22 its:

sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libevent-2.1.so.7 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libevent-2.1.so.6

Thank you for Mac OS Sillicon App. Great. I purchased another Stack of 128 GB today.
Everything is working nice, exept i get sometime 3-4 instances running in my taskbar. I don’t know why.

On it, thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: