When the computer goes to sleep in Windows and then wakes up, access to the Icedrive virtual drive is lost

There is a bug with the Icedrive virtual drive in Windows, when the computer goes to sleep and then wakes up, access to the Icedrive virtual drive is lost. This does not happen with Proton Drive, nor with pCloud Drive, nor with Tresorit Drive, in these applications access to the drives remains perfectly valid after waking up the computer.

Furthermore, in my case I have an automatic real-time synchronization service of the contents of the Proton Drive unit to Icedrive, so since when the computer wakes up access to the Icedrive unit has been lost, the synchronization service begins to fail because it cannot access the unit.

I give you the log that the Icedrive application for Windows recorded when the computer woke up:

[23.12.2023 03:42:01.332] Upload failed for _file_state_v4._gs to /Proton/gsdata: drive upload: won’t overwrite _file_state_v4._gs due to 10s timeout restriction
[23.12.2023 03:42:01.332] Upload failed for file _file_state_v4._gs: Transfer failed: drive upload: won’t overwrite _file_state_v4._gs due to 10s timeout restriction
[23.12.2023 03:42:01.380] Upload failed for _recycled_db._gs to /Proton/gsdata: drive upload: won’t overwrite _recycled_db._gs due to 10s timeout restriction
[23.12.2023 03:42:01.380] Upload failed for file _recycled_db._gs: Transfer failed: drive upload: won’t overwrite _recycled_db._gs due to 10s timeout restriction

Is this related to the encrypted folder? Because that will unmount by design for security reasons

Yes it is.

In that case, could you please implement in a future version of the application, making unmounting the encrypted folder optional through an option in the settings?

In my case, although this weakens security, I need that folder to always be mounted when the computer wakes up, because if not, as I already mentioned, the synchronization services will begin to fail as they do not have access to that folder.

This is the way in which, for example, pCloud has it done, where you can establish this behavior through an option in the configuration, which I think would be the most logical, giving the user the decision whether to use it or not:

Thanks for the heads up! Will pass it onto the mount + sync dev team!