WebDAV File Hashes

Hey everyone, I’ve got a bit of a feature request

I use rclone to keep my files automatically synchronized to IceDrive, since I have too many files to keep them up-to-date manually. Rclone connects to IceDrive using the WebDAV interface, and though my experience with the WebDAV interface has been great so far, rclone needs checksums to work efficiently.

Even though checksums are not officially part of the WebDAV standard, having access to hashes of files would make checking for corrupted or out-of-date files take far less time and bandwidth.

Also, if you would like to make sure the checksum is compatible with rclone, the following links may help:

As you can see in the WebDAV backend code, the WebDAV interfaces for NextCloud and OwnCloud do support hashes, so you could probably use them as examples as well.

I have already submitted a ticket for this feature and the team escalated it to the technical department (Thanks guys!). But, I thought starting a forum thread might be a good thing to do so other users could give their input or the team could update the thread with any announcements on this feature.

Hey @SnowPilgrim thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I’ll make sure it’s passed onto our dev team.

What is the status of this request?

All suggestions and requests go to our dev team who then take into consideration for future updates.

i assume you made your own connection storage profile to connect to ice drive? anything major a newbie should know? i haven’t had time to dig into the code and the examples.

Could you provide more information on how to synch up rclone so I can test it? What I found when I used just a Windows PC connection using WebDAV was nothing more than saying it was uploading but it really did not upload anything, the Windows PC client started and had to perform the upload. Given the very slow upload speeds of the Windows PC Icedrive desktop client, although I have a 1GB internet plan, it uploads at 3-5MBs at best. Occasionally, it will say 10, 20 or 30 but the average is 3-5MBs. Extremely slow in my opinion.

Am I missing something? I would love to use a product where I could do my own sync, take the IceDrive desktop out of the equation, and upload using 200-400MBs.

Thanks

With the drive app when uploading try and right click the file/folder and then click upload as opposed to dragging and dropping.

With your 1GB internet plan have you perform an internet speed test via https://www.speedtest.net/ to test your connection to see if you are receiving the 1GB for both download and upload speeds?