Web client accessibility

Since we just had the Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 16, I thought it is fair to yet again open a conversation on some issues with the web client.

1. Color contrast – the new dark mode has improved things but the light mode still struggles severely with gray color for text on light background everywhere.
  2. Controls – besides few actual links in the right slide out menu footer, there is not a single interactive element used for the whole UI; all those divs and lis should be buttons.

Is there any possibility of putting some of it on the roadmap? Even small improvements would make your product more inclusive.

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll consider your suggestions for a future update.

1 Like

Thank you for the consideration, Chris.

I am actively looking for alternatives to icedrive because of the poor screen readability. The combination of a small font displayed in light grey on white is a real eye strain. Add to that a captcha which 50% of the time is too scrambled for someone with less than 20/20 vision to read makes icedrive a real pain to use. Pity because technically it’s fine. I’m near the limit of my free account, but I’m not going to pay for a service that is so hard to use.