V3.11 Upload works half of the times + more issues

1 Question:

v3.11 is mentioned in the ‘All-New Mount & Sync release (…)’ thread, but still no info in the changelog. Is 3.11 stable or is it a beta version?

4 Issues:

It looks as if the ‘First Use Tips’ window is now ‘burned in’ on my wallpaper. I cannot close, minimise or drag the window. When I use ‘Win + TAB’ to go through all the open windows, the ‘First Use Tips’ window is NOT there. It just seems that the window is pasted into my wallpaper image. (This is of course can’t be the case). Off course I performed a reboot.

Context menu: There are now TWO Icedrive icons in the context menu:

A. ‘Upload to Icedrive’

and:

B. ‘Icedrive’ => (=‘ARROW’) ‘Upload’.

Uploads via context menu sometimes do work. Sometimes they do not. If I have to give an estimate after several dozen attempts: less than half of them work.

Normally on W10, if I paste a file into a window, the file becomes immediately visible. In the mounted drive this does not apply: If the destination folder is allready opened in a window and the transfer succeeds for once, the result is never immediately visible in said window. I must always press F5 to find out if the transfer succeeded.

I am running W10 22H2. I tested with small files, several kilobytes. My Internet connection is very stable. Worth noting: I have not yet noticed freezes like others with 3.11.

Since 3.11 is offered on the main page I assumed it was a stable version. I installed it (‘over’ v2.75).

Off course the fact that uploads via the context menu do not take place reliably should have priority. But the other issues definitely deserve attention also imho.

edit: In order to keep the forum tidy and optimise problem solving, should I have devided these issues over several posts instead of together in one?

Hi @Polar Thank you for the information!

1. OpenGL issues will be resolved in the upcoming v3.12 update.

2. The “Upload to Icedrive” context menu item is a remnant from the v2.75 mounted app. Uninstalling the mounted app will remove it.

3. We’re working to reproduce the issue and implement a fix.

4. We couldn’t replicate the issue in v3.11, but further investigation is underway.

Hope this helps!.

1 Like