V3.11 Doesn't Sync updated files

IceDrive Sync V.311
Windows 11 23H2

I have a harddrive attached to my PC where I regularly perform a backup of my IceDrive files.
On the old app, I was able to create a sync pair and everytime I would plug in the harddrive, I would scan the drive for any changes.
On the new client, whenever I plug in the harddrive, the files on the drive won’t update.

I have the same problem - see V3.11 Sync folder doesn’t exist: xxxxx.

There is another post I just replied to minutes ago. Read that post as it explains that mapped drives is causing sync pairs with mapped drives not to work (file folder limits of non-local drives with a larg number of folders is the high level summary).

Supposedly it will work if you drive is local but not mapped.

I provided them more information yesterday but I have been dead in the water since we moved to V3 going on 8 days or more.

2 Likes

Sadly, my issue is a bit different since I’m not facing the same issue!
My drives are mapped accordingly they just don’t sync pending changes when they’ve occurred hours or days before starting the PC/sync client.

We will look into

How big are these changed files?

There have been changes to how updates are handled, due to many users using automated apps that change enormous files every few seconds, so there is a settle time and a wait time before it “begins” now - If it keeps changing every few seconds it will wait until it calms down instead of constantly uploading numerous GB files

We’re also going to add creating support tickets directly within the app very soon so we will get the full log from that, it should help us find a lot of issues and make things a lot easier to report!

They’re just Word or PDF files or pictures.
Those files are updated once every now and then.
I think that the new sync client probably doesn’t scan the hard drive for changes from the cloud.

I’m also having similar problems. But I’ve also noticed that (especially on large files), if the sync fails enough times, it seems to get excluded from the pair. At that point, the only way to get it to sync is to make a copy of that file - then the copy will sync.

But what I’ve also tried is deleting and re-creating that pair. That’s what triggers the “Folder doesn’t exist” error. So what’s the workaround? Should we delete the remote folder and start again, hoping the errant files will sync this time round? The app should be more robust than that.

The thing is, we shouldn’t be having to spend so much time debugging this app. The software seems to have been released before it was ready.

Right now, I’m experimenting with using SyncBack on the Icedrive mount to see if that works any better, thus more time spent on this.

even do i have delete in local, and in cloud checkbox on, in the settings, still doesnt sync, i tested by putting a file in my local machine, it gets uploaded, but when i deleted after 2 hrs, still in the cloud,
sync

sadly since my cloud was never updated with sync now that i downloaded my cloud to my laptop everything is a mess, since i have my local with current changes, PLUS all the stuff that was on te cloud that was never updated =( so i got so much extra stuff that i need to clean , and still doesn’t seems to sync.

By the way, when some one select the option to sync, it SOULD sync, not have an extra parameter global for all the pairs, it should be per pair, that way i can select a folder that is always sync, and others that i just want as backups, etc…

There are multiple threads with the same theme where 3.x will not synch unless it is a local drive within the PC, from what I understand. Whether is it a mapped drive, like my NAS, or an external hard drive, the problem is the same - no synch.

I would be interested in your findings in using SyncBack.

I asked for an update on where they are with finding a solution in the other thread so they should post the same in this thread. We have been patient, but going on 3 weeks where the product no longer functioning is not acceptable. Either add a manual sync button, often referred to as the “Sync Now” button, the user can press to launch the sync or revert back to V2.8. I vote reverting back to V2.8. This weekend would not be too soon for me.