Update v.2.73 not working propperly?

Many of us are having the same issue… Please, you check this update. It’s not working properly…

It’s crucial for everyone to consistently back up their files to prevent potential data loss doesn’t matter if its a update error or a user error.

Best practices for backups involve maintaining a local copy on a hard disk with at least two duplicates. When transferring files, ensure you create a backup before the move to safeguard against errors.

I utilize Icedrive, SharePoint, and OneDrive for cloud storage, complemented by periodic backups on hard drives. This precaution is crucial since even Microsoft doesn’t have responsibility for your files. Always secure your data in at least two locations.

3 Likes

Just to emphasize again as written at the top… I had the freezing apps thingy BEFORE updating from 2.72 to 2.73.
Anybody else had it with the old version?

@Chris Does it make sense if I send the log too?

NO, I can not confirm issues in previous V.2.72
I have this issue only since upgrade to 2.73 and for me, It’s still there in 2.74 :frowning:

2 Likes

100% agree! I would be grateful to find any release notes on any of the updates. I was notified of v2.75 this morning. I was very willing to update since 2.73 and 2.74 both had / have issues. But normally I would prefer to view at least some highlights first of what was fixed or changed in the maintenance update.

Also, @Chris (or Icedrive support) is there some place we can access previous updates? It would be very helpful to have the ability to revert to an earlier version if/when a new update patch causes more grief than benefit.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, the latest version is now 2.75 with these issues addressed!

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve been having problems with IceDrive for months and the consistent implication from the developers is that I’m the only person experiencing problems and it must be a problem at my end!

Currently, as far as I can tell, none of the versions from 2.7.2 to 2.7.5 (at least) can retrieve any of the PDF files I’ve saved to IceDrive, and do not even report a meaningful error message to say why they have failed. From comments made by the tech team over the weeks it seems that changes were made to the backend conversion server (possibly for V3) and a subtle incompatibility with V2 crept in at the same time.

One of the things I was “forced” to do when it was being implied the problems were “my fault” was to abandon my own backup software and to use the “Sync” feature instead, and I spent over a day re-uploading all my files.

I have now upgraded to the Beta version of V3 as the only version that will actually read my files only to find it doesn’t support the “Sync” feature!!!

Hey @philsp the sync feature for our new drive app is being completely redeveloped from the ground up so will release in another beta test in the near future.

How near? It was supposedly near two months ago!

Wouldn’t matter if v2 was working but as that seems to have fallen apart, a working v3 is even more urgent than it was.