The Upcoming Mount & Sync v3

Grab the beta here!

https://community.icedrive.net/t/mount-v3-windows-beta-download-link-and-notes/1413

1 Like

how can we still get access to the v3 beta one ?

You can still access via the following link;

https://community.icedrive.net/t/mount-v3-windows-beta-download-link-and-notes/1432.

More updates will be available soon.

1 Like

Hello
I’ve read the message above, too bad I would have liked to be a part in the beta program :frowning:
Is there a way to be notified if the program opens again later?

Hey guys, thanks for the hard work. However :slight_smile: when version 3 will be released?
Thank you!

1 Like

We haven’t got a definitive date just yet as we’re still assessing all of the feedback and suggestions from the initial beta test. We’ll have an update on this for you soon.

2 Likes

Could it be feasible to add Spanish language to your interface please.

Although not feasible in the short term additional language support is something we’re looking to explore further in the future.

1 Like

@Chris If you open your stack as Public on Github / GitLab, I (and we) can add some translation :wink:

After committing to a lifetime contract in August 2022 I’ve had problems with files format corruption (deemed corrupted when opening from the virtual drive and even after downloading). Raised tickets but never got a convincing solution. Support staff tried, but no cigar (indicating however that their platform didn’t like MS Robocopy putting file copies from local Documents folder onto the virtual). 23. November 2023 saw 15.000+ files going to file size zero in Icedrive. Support suggested using last good version from the versioning feature, but this takes individual file clicking and downloading - an impossible task for thousands of files. Impossible to trace the error but after sending them a list of folder\files they managed to restore last good version of most of the files, “only” losing a bit over 1.000!
I’ve lost confidence in Icedrive for backup or safe copy. Doing that on a different service now that is solid, very fast and fault free. So far Icedrive is now in use a a static reposity.
Realising the risk I’ve re-implemented local backup too. Seagate backup sofware (came with the Ironwolf Pro drive) is straightforward and just do the job.
During the process I was told that a completely new app was in the making to be released soon. Sounds good, but nothing yet.

Would I recommend Icedrive to a friend? No.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, been a while since i been here, I saw the new client showcased on youtube, but that was a while ago, just thought id drop in and see how things are going… still no release timeline yet?

2 Likes

No official release timeline available just yet but new information on this will be available soon.

2 Likes

It’s now two months since you promised an update on a release date for V3 - could you at least give an idea when a fully fuctioned Beta version (i.e. including sync) will be available. Now that you have broken V2 there is no working version of the software anywhere.

1 Like

@Chris reply to the above appreciated.

2 Likes

@Chris is there any more news on further expansion of the beta release like being able to test the sync feature ?

Apologies for the wait, the sync element of the app is still being developed. More news on this will be available soon.

3 Likes

Is there a way to join the linux beta mount app? I’m on fedora linux 38 KDE Plasma.

1 Like

I would also love to tinker with the linux app! I use Manjaro, Ubuntu and Debian… And any other flavor you’d like to see tested. I have a full virtual cluster and can spin up any OS. (Except apple OS (F-apple!))

Hi. Thank you for hard work but when will be this “available soon” ? I am understand that this is not easy project but this presentation from Jun 23 was awasome and show advance process. Share with us any date or maybe download link :slight_smile:

1 Like

How soon is ‘soon’?
So disappointing that barely anything is shared about progress.
I remember you promising an upgrade for late summer '23…