Sync issues (again)

Overview

[ Icedrive] [ 3.22 ]
[ Windows 10  ]

Hello,
I know some posts have already point the sync issue(s) but I want to add some elements I have noticed.
Sometimes sync does not work: copying a file from a HDD not meant to be synced to a directory expected to be synced : it seems to work for a single file, but not for several where only the first file is properly updated.
I have to quit Icedrive app and relog to relaunch synchronisation.
Also, sometimes it doesn't work at all and an error message is issued in Icedrive app.
Once again (and again and again), could you simply add a "sync now" button in our app?
Furthermore, a user guide is really needed, explaining precisely each tab funtionnality of your app. 
It would also be great to explain the meaning of error codes (for example "(59)") IIRC which is sometimes displayed in the Sync page.

Mathieu
1 Like

The way sync works is that the app needs to be open when making changes to the local folder. Once changes have been made the sync will trigger the next time the app is opened. If you receive specific errors codes however could you submit a support ticket describing the issue you’ve encountered and then attach the drive app log to the ticket so that we can investigate?