Stupid question but... can't download files in I:

Icedrive is “mounted” in File explorer. I can upload files to this folder.
I cannot download files from this folder. [[Neither can Docfetcher (an app for searching the contents of files and not only the tiles) show previews of their contents, though it can index and search contents when told to do so for I:.]]<-Actually this sometimes works

Now what could be the problem? Surely this is not how Icedrive is supposed to work?

I have been told by ChatGPT that the problem might be that this is a “virtual drive” and I need to create a “synced folder” instead. I certainly do not want to automatically back up folders to Icedrive. Does this mean I can create a blank folder and sync Icedrive to it one-way?

I have no idea how sync works. (I am putting phrases I do not understand in quotes because I am merely repeating them.)

Could I then delete the index of I: in Docfetcher and index this folder and be able to view file contents?

i think this is normal. Its indeed a virtual replica of your cloud folder for as long as you told the system to sync both ways. the point of this system is to save your files in the cloud while saving storage space on your pc unlike OneDrive for instance which is a synced folder where you can choose to sync all content on your HDD but lose storage space
you can still edit the files locally but there is a delay as syncing is not instantaneous but happens at a 5 min interval

Hello,
Thank you for responding. Is there any way to sync my IceDrive to a folder in File Explorer? I don’t want to sync any of my File Explorer folders to IceDrive but I would like to have IceDrive folders available on my hard drive so I can search their file contents and not only their file names.

According to Icedrive “This gives you all of the features and feel of your native operating system - Edit, upload, delete, open - can all be achieved with ease.” I cannot open.