Shared links are not an advertising opportunity

I was evaluating the ‘public link’ functionality for sharing work and designs before buying a lifetime plan and noticed this giant fullscreen modal popup exists even on shared links pages, where presumably the first thing a user should encounter is a preview of the file and the ability to download it.

This is not user friendly and is unprofessional for both Icedrive and myself if I were to be sending files to a client, and very confusing if I were to be sending files to a less savvy family member or anything of the sort.

Can I expect that a rotating series of ads are expected to be consistently piggybacking on my personal links, and what kind of commission rate can I expect?

3 Likes

Completely agree. It is embarrassing. Put the advertisements on the page https://icedrive.net/ and don’t terrorize the customers by contaminating the personal links.

2 Likes

I’ve seen multiple posts on this in this forum, but nothing has changed. This is indeed terrible.

1 Like
2 Likes

Completely agree with the intrusive popups. They have now been removed.

We do obviously need to utilize the public link pages for marketing as it is what will keep us growing and our prices low.

But there is a better way to do it - and popups are not it.

Going forward, we will no longer use the popups. Perhaps a small badge at the bottom of the details section is more appropriate (near report abuse, etc).

Cheers!