rclone rate limited

WebDAV obviously does not work. Why is nothing being done about it?

I was just about to pull the trigger on a lifetime subscription, but luckily I did my due diligence and found this thread.

I was going to choose IceDrive over pCloud since you have a better plan with e2ee included, but without proper rclone/webdav support (there should be no artifical limits or performance difference from native client) that is now a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

I discovered Linux Icedrive with limitations with the AppImage which takes hours on a small 1 KB file which is foreign to me.

I too was going to pay for a 3TB subscription.

Going through many threads, I can only lament that there are no clients or attached disk to do rsync backups, which is the essence of the cloud.

The webdav dates from the 2000s, it’s obvious. Free FTP was faster.

To summarize, the customer pays for the large shed with nothing to put in it except through the hole of a mailbox.

I’m waiting a bit to see how it will evolve, otherwise I’ll remove everything and look elsewhere.

I also feel tricked into buying a 3TB subscription assuming the WebDAV method would work easily. I’m trying to upload my music library but Icedrive limits after around 12GB already. What are the latest limits in order to smoothly use WebDAV? @Chris @Tom
Forgot to mention: I’m using Syncovery on a QNAP NAS.

I have this problem as well.

WebDAV is needed, and not just for people who don’t use Windows. The Windows client has a limit on the number of sync folders that can be setup; moreover, it is quite buggy, and when syncing large numbers of files, especially files which change often, it sometimes gets confused–I have on several occasions had tens of thousands files get deleted from Icedrive. Thankfully I’ve always had other backups.

But after support were not able to resolve this issue with the Windows client, I switched to using WebDAV and rclone.

And I frequently run into rate limits which last for a long time.