No concurrent sync and backup any longer with new version 3.11/3.14

I started using IceDrive with v 2.75.

I could create a backup pair between a local folder we’ll call c:/myfiles and a remote folder called myfiles_backup, so as to keep all files (existing, deleted…) in the remote folder.

At the same time, I could create a second pair, sync pair, between that very c:/myfiles folder and another remote folder myfiles_sync. I used it for syncing my desktop with my laptop.

With the new version, you cannot create the second pair because c:/myfiles is already used by another pair. That means I can’t sync my devices any longer. So, IceDrive might have fixed some issues but at the same time they’re removing functionalities. When asked their support team, a tech guy responded “I have forwarded to our development team for consideration in a future update”. Unacceptable!!!

1 Like

Hi @Luke @bridgyguy

We totally get where you’re coming from and want you to know we’re listening. We’re already looking into bringing back some of the features that were removed in the new app. Right now, the dev team is focused on fixing the launch issues, but after that, they’ll be reviewing feedback and suggestions for future updates. Thanks for your patience!

I don’t understand your business model.

You sell a product with a list of features. You force us to upgrade because the current version is faulty. Then you realize that some of the features you paid for are gone. No explanation, no appology, no credit. It’s like you go to the mechanics to fix your car engine and they give your car back with only 3 wheels.

I’m so upset, so disappointed. It’s so unprofessional to act that way. Unfortunaltely, I found this community board only after I paid for 2 years of services. I’ll do my utmost to make sure other people are aware of your practices.