New client appears to be re-syncing *everything* all over again?

Sync stopped on 3rd September. Just noticed today and updated the client and re-created exactly same sync pairs however it ‘appears’ the client is now re-synching everything all over again?

Is it building some kind of DB? And is it actually transferring or just comparing? It’s hard to tell…

And… some of the folders have the dates against the folder icons and folder names in separate column???

Going into column names and un-selecting and re-selecting fixes it.

All this doesn’t exactly instil confidence in the product.

yep i see that as well that uploads file that are already in the cloud or download some again, i am not using the sync pair folders of the app any more, i am using freeFileSync and making my pair folders there =(

looks like the icedrive app is just “LIVE” syncs, only syncs while the app is running, and thats when detect the changes,

Hi thanks for replying. Customer wanted live sync for road warriors - that was reason for choosing Icedrive.

I had a load of issues with Webdav and change of WAN IP and gave up on synology cloudsync which wasn’t Icedrives fault but this app change thing is 100% on them. Why should it remove my sync pairs and then start syncing everything again from scratch???

By rights it should only be a few weeks worth of data at best. It’s nuts.

Turns out it was human error on this occasions. A click flick duplicated a 30GB directory into a sub of itself!!!