May I know the actual path from search result?

In short, I suggest to add information in the search result, that shows the path of the file on the IceDrive. Now we only have limited information in the details.

For the reason:
I am trying to figure out why sometimes my NAS (using WebDAV) fails to locate files during backup

The NAS will give errors like below:
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://webdav.icedrive.io:443/Music_Backup/IceDrive-Music.qdff/dedup/vault/0000000_0000000000000/0000000_0000000000000053.qdv

While using search tool from the IceDrive website, I could see several results, but in the file property I am unable to check where the file is actually located.

Also, while browsing through file manager, I could not locate (browse through path) the “0000000_0000000000000053.qdv” in my storage space either. This is also true while checking with the Windows Client, or perform search from the Windows Search/WebDAV clients.

It could be nice if the search result can provide the information of actual path, so I could do the diagnostics by myself.

9 Likes

YES! This would be a huge improvement.

I agree! It would be a big help. The icedrive search function is great to find a file, but I often need to know the location of the file in the search result.
It would be great to have the path added in the file information, or even better would be an option “Go to file location”.
Thanks for considering!

1 Like

Yes it’s definitely needed and i suspect the dev effort is low so it should be a quick win to include in a future release.

Along those lines, it would be nice to also have the ability to open the containing folder from some contextual menu (right click), similarly to most operating systems ^^

1 Like

+1 the absence of the file/folder path is a pain point.

Definetely needed!! It’s a 15 months old post, and there are more with same request. Why does it take so long to implement? Doesn’t look such a difficult feature to implement as patrick replied 6 months ago

Just moving back to the thread and say happy new year 2024. And bit sad that no one official leaves any comments.

I am not asking something fancy like you guys have to support a specific NAS but just want to figure out how can I solve the WebDAV or file search issue by our own. Or the Web Interface is not relevent anymore?