ID 3.14 is completely useless to me

ID 3.14 does not work.

It is unable to monitor network folders, “A folder watcher error has occurred”. All my data is on my NAS. Nothing EVER gets backed up or synced.

When I run ID, it does not scan for changes anymore. This used to work in v2. I simply used to run ID whenever i wanted sync before. Now it does nothing. There is no “force sync” button or manual activation either.

Going back to version 2 is no good because that stopped working. Server or protocol changes maybe.

The product is COMPLETELY USELESS to me and you are CHARGING MONTHLY for it and you BROKE version 2 !!

1 Like

Just found out the same thing.

Previous version stopped working recently, and this new version won’t sync from a local NAS Box.

This is getting really tedious now. Surely this should of been tested?

1 Like

I would be more than happy for a manual sync button or for it to refresh the sync whenever the app is started - like the old version did.

I know that sometimes it’s not possible to automatically track changes on network drives, so i can forgive live sync not working.

Anyone who has a mapped drive, which is how my NAS is mapped, is dead in the water. We do need an update from the team as to where they are as they cannot simply state they no longer support this functionality.

Your suggestion for them to immediately add a button we can perform a manual synch launch is a good comprise. Otherwise, all users should begin to ask they roll back to v2.8 until they address the problem that has been created. I have volunteered, if we roll back, to help beta test the version.

Icedrive, please provide an update as we have been unable to synch using 3.x for over 2+ weeks now - every since the new version rolled out. Is it time you roll back given many of your users can no longer use the product as previously constructed? Or add a manual synch launch in the interim.

Thanks

1 Like

I agree with this. Alternatively, if a button cannot be added, could it perform a manual sync whenever the application is started up.

People with live sync will tend to leave their app running anyhow, and people who don’t live sync (like me) will run the app whenever they wish to perform sync.

I don’t see either of these workarounds a big deal to implement. At least it would mean not having to regress to version #2, and everyone can use V3.

A lot of customers will have mapped drives. Anyone with a NAS or some kind of home network will want this to work.

thanks.