IceDrive Suddenly redownloading files

Hello, I’m concerned that IceDrive suddenly started redownloading all my music files this morning and overwriting the ones on the harddrive. This is a sync I’ve had setup for a long time and there haven’t been any changes to it. It just suddenly started and claims it’s downloading around 4 thousand files (76gb) which is roughly the size of my music folder.

I’m concerned this might be related to the Microsoft crash yesterday. My IceDrive is my backup, so if it’s overwriting I might lose all my music.

Our development team are currently investigating the issue and are working on a fix as a matter of urgency.

For more information please get in touch via support@icedrive.net or alternatively submit a support ticket via Login - Icedrive.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

1 Like

Wonderful, could you let us know when it’s safe to restart IceDrive?

The issue has now been resolved so you should now be able to login to your account. If you are concerned regarding a particular sync pair you can stop the sync by going to the sync tab in the desktop client and then clicking the stop button next to the sync pair. You may need to full screen the client to see the button.

1 Like

Wonderful thank you! Great support!