Icedrive ARM compatibility

Hi.

Does Icedrive desktop mounting or portable app work on ARM laptops?

Thanks

2 Likes

Our apps were not specifically designed for that particular chipset so will require some testing. If not we also have our web app available via browser.

I can confirm tha the installedble indows app doesn’t work on ARM, the only wark around was to connect to icedrive in file explorrer as webdav. The downside is that media filea can’t be played this way.
A ARM solution would help with this

Thanks for the additional feedback I will forward onto our development team for consideration in a future update.

Just to keep you updated I have spoken with our development team and the new drive app will be compatible with ARM hardware when it is fully released.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

That would be brilliant as on WedDav I can’t play videos straight from the drive! Looking forwards for the new release!

Hi Chris. You are talking about developing a native client for Windows ARM64, not supporting emulation layer in the existing x86/64 client, right?

I just want to be able to download my cPanel backups directly to IceDrive, so emulation or real or memorex, it doesn’t matter to me.

What’s my workaround for ARM/Windows 11?