Help with WebDAV 429 Error and Understanding Request Limitations on Icedrive

I received a 429 error indicating that I’ve been temporarily limited due to too many requests when trying to use WebDAV to sync files from a cloud service to Icedrive.

I now carefully minimize the number of requests by using only one thread and limiting the daily sync amount, but I’m still encountering this error even after waiting for a month. Can anyone explain where these limitations might be coming from?

Hey @WTCwerner the issue with WebDAV is that a small minority of users heavily abuse the WebDAV service so the rate limits come into play causing a user-wide restriction. We’re actually about to release our brand new drive app with all new sync feature onto MacOS, Linux and Windows so that you can sync your files without any of the associated issues that can arise from WebDAV. Keep an eye out on our community and social media pages for the full release.

Could you clarify the limitations I’m working with? Currently, I’m being blocked even when trying to use WebDAV, and it stops me immediately with the same error code.

All I’m trying to do is use a program to sync my Google Drive with Icedrive cloud for backup purposes. I don’t need it to be fast, and I’ve already manually copied all my data. Now, I just need to sync any new files and folders.

@Chris Do we have any deadline for the new clients? The rate-limits are very limiting (pun un-intended), nearly unusable, to be honest. I’ve a ton of files and I’m feeling locked-in since I can’t move my files systematically using WebDav.