Goodbye Icedrive

After frustration after frustration with syncing, speed, not uploading files/folder and no resolutions for months I am finally saying goodbye to Icedrive. I’d bought a lifetime subscription but, when you’re dealing with important docs you don’t want to lose, you cannot afford to have endless, non-resolved problems.

I tried iDrive and - coming from Icedrive - I could not believe everything just worked. End-to-end encryption and an upload speed of 500 Mb/s! I only wish I hadn’t waited so long to leave.

Don’t know why you don’t just say the competitors name seeing as you’re leaving Icedrive, in frustration too mind you.
But yeah, same. I tried telling them in a post that users are becoming frustrated across the board & without trust or confidence in the product then there’s nothing. Eventually it’ll start affecting their bottom line, or in the hip pocket, if these issues don’t get resolved, and fast, or faster than what’s been the case.
As users we’re just having to make too many compromises & put up with seemingly never ending reliability issues with Icedrive.

would indeed be nice if you named the competitor by name I can only see one who has a similar approach and thats pcloud
but I think all see this new soft is the least to say a frustrating development where the issues outweigh the potential benefits by far for now

So am I. Still looking for an alternative …

Updated post to include

Updated post to include

Updated post to include my choice…

1 Like

hello jon thx for the update … i see idrive personal more as a reliable backup tool syncing is more basic and follows the dedicated folder route same as onedrive and others …
but it does work well indeed for backups … even sync does if you move all in the idrive sync folder
lets hope icedrive gets it all going soon

I had a quick look at iDrive as well - it has a continuous backup option (Continuous Data Protection) but a quick online search suggests it is a resource hog. I want my backups to just happen when files are changed or created, with minimal processing impact

1 Like