File upload errors not easy to resolve

The file upload via the browser interface needs work to make it reliable and user-friendly. I don’t have a large available cache to work with/babysit at the moment and just want to dump a lot of files/folders from an external drive to Icedrive. When operating via the browser interface, occasionally a chunk of files will fail to upload. It’s extremely difficult and unnecessarily time-consuming to sort through the not-easily-searchable upload log for files that failed, then try to find them on my side (another major hassle as some of the files are for example diagnostic images with numerically named files buried in numerically named folders in areas I rarely go into so have to hunt to find where they are) in order to re-attempt their upload. I’ll play around with it some more but so far, having just signed up, I’m not impressed.

Would be helpful to have a second log produced of the files that did not upload/download cleanly.
One line per file, including the full path, and whether an upload or download.

The current alert logs don’t show the path. It can be an adventure finding the specific file, as has already been said

That would be a start. A proper log that is always available and easily readable. However that would still take considerable effort to find and reupload. Ideally a bulk or selective reupload process should be available within the program for any files that failed. This amazingly unreliable/inefficient aspect of such a major component makes me wonder about the rest of the program.