File Request only for Pro? Error message when trying to share

Hi,
I’m new to icedrive and playing around / do some testing before I decide for a new cloud provider. With my free account, I get an error message when I try to share: Abusive IP range detected. This happens on the website and with the windows app “icedrive portable” also. What to do?
Second question: Cant find the option for file request. Is this for pro account only?

Hey

New accounts (30 days or so) generally have stricter rules when sharing due to abuse, so if the IP flags as possible bot or VPN it will throw this error. We will tweak it a bit more soon to be less strict

Request files option is: Right click a folder → Request files :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Hello @JimmyB

Yes, very helpful! I could have come up with the right-click idea myself, thank you.
So VPN use is not possible / allowed while using icedrive?

Yes using VPN will be just fine :slight_smile: but as a new account it may trigger things on public facing actions such as shares, as it is prone to abuse. It doesnt do this on paid accounts and also older free accounts are okay too :slight_smile:

Ok, then I know about it, thanks

I have same problem. " item unable to be shared due to abuse (a2)" when i try to sharing file with public link. I have pro account. The majority of links I try to make public have this error. I don’t use a VPN