Download stops like it's completed but it's not

Hello,

I have to say I’m really disappointed with this service.
I have a folder with a total size of around 1.8GB and when I try to download the entire folder it only downloads 100 and something MB zip, then I retry and it’s like it continues and then stops again showing as completed.
What is this???

1 Like

There could be a number reasons why this is happening so would it be possible for you submit a support ticket and attach some screenshots illustrating the issue you’re experiencing and we can investigate for you further?

I have the same issue when I use Firefox browser for the download, no matter if Add-ons are installed or not. Other friends very often can’t download from my public links either, they complain the file is not complete. One friend used Edge and it seemed to work for him for a while, but only until today, suddenly his downloads from my cloud stop halfway, too.

Small files up to 1GB sometimes work with Firefox, bigger files almost always fail.

Only Google Chrome works fine for me and my friends.

1 Like

@Chris85

Yes, that’s exactly what I noticed, when you want to download an entire folder and it puts it into a zip with firefox it usually fails as it then opens it like it’s finished downloading it but it’s not the full size.
With chrome it seems to work as intended.

Our web app was specifically designed to work in conjunction with Google Chrome so we would always recommend either using Chrome or one of our native apps such as the drive app for Windows or portable app on MacOS or Linux. We’ll investigate the issues you’re experiencing with Firefox and Edge further. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

2 Likes

Since yesterday (what a coincidence, the same day I replied here^^), the download of folders doesn’t even work with Chrome anymore :frowning:

I noticed this happens only when I download a folder. If I download a single file like a MPEG2, no matter how big, the download can be completed with every browser. Something must be wrong with generating ZIP-files.

Could you submit a support ticket so that I can forward to our development team who will be able to assist you in more depth?

1 Like