Disturbing error message for new user

This is an FYI note to the developers at IceDrive. I’m still trying to calm down after getting a very disturbing error message earlier this evening.

At present, all I need is to share files. Therefore, that’s the function I need to test. The first error message – the one I got last night – was not as clear as it might seem. By “day”, did you mean a full 24 hours or simply the next calendar day? So I tried to share again this morning and realized you meant 24 hours. I waited until I was fairly sure it had been 24 hours since I had registered, and tried again.

“Abusive IP range detected”. Freak out!!! What’s wrong with my IP? In an effort to resolve security concern with some vendors, I pay for a dedicated IP address through my VPN provider. Has my IP been breached?

Or, are you saying I’m abusive when I’m just trying to follow your rules? Am I in trouble with you now?

Subsequently, I found the explanation of the error message through a DuckDuckGo search. Wouldn’t it make sense to just specify the 48 hour probation in the first error message?

It would certainly be helpful to potential customers like me. And I still don’t know if I’m in trouble with you. I sincerely hope not.

Hi @Gather Welcome to the community!

Firstly, we want to assure you that you are not in trouble with us in any way. Secondly, new free users have a 48 hour restriction on sharing files, once this time passes that error message should stop. If you continue to have issues post 48 hours, message us via support ticket here and we will do our best to resolve the issue for you.