Deletion Policy Settings Resets

[ Application ] [ Version ] - Icedrive PC Windows application
[ Operating System ] - Windows Professional

**Issue**

I use the desktop application to synch my files. At random, the settings I have set change back to defaults. Specifically, the most challenging one is the 2 deleting policy settings. Without documentation I don't fully understand their applicability. Icedrive has got to stop all things and provide documentation of how functionality works as it might eliminate so much confusion on what we think the product is doing versus its actual action

That said, I set Delete (locally) to move to trash and the Delete (cloud) to delete. My intent is when I delete a file locally I want it delete the file in the cloud. As said, at random it resets the settings. I have to change them back very often. 

I suspect, but I have no idea because of the weak to no documentation, that if I change it back it will follow the new setting and delete a file in the cloud. It doesn't. So, often I have to use a 3rd party application to compare my local Icedrive file with my local pc files to find items\folders which has not been deleted. I get anxious about my files not being  in synch so thank goodness the 3rd party app quickly finds the differences and I can resolve.
1 Like

What is the name of the third party application?

[ Application ] [ Version ] - Icedrive PC Windows application
[ Operating System ] - Windows Professional

I use the desktop application to synch my files. At random, the settings I have set change back to defaults. Specifically, the most challenging one is the 2 deleting policy settings. Without documentation I don’t fully understand their applicability. Icedrive has got to stop all things and provide documentation of how functionality works as it might eliminate so much confusion on what we think the product is doing versus its actual action

That said, I set Delete (locally) to move to trash and the Delete (cloud) to delete. My intent is when I delete a file locally I want it delete the file in the cloud. As said, at random it resets the settings. I have to change them back very often.

I suspect, but I have no idea because of the weak to no documentation, that if I change it back it will follow the new setting and delete a file in the cloud. It doesn’t. So, often I have to use a 3rd party application to compare my local Icedrive file with my local pc files to find items\folders which has not been deleted. I get anxious about my files not being in synch so thank goodness the 3rd party app quickly finds the differences and I can resolve.

I use Free File Synch, awesome product, always investing in fixes, runs fast and options to pin point what changes you want to target.

Yeah, i also dont know how it works. They should really put some real documentation.

I got it as not delete cloud items (i use the cloud as backup of my files). But nevertheless it deleted whole folders.

Tbh i have serious trust issues with icedrive. I dont even know how the basic syncing works. It has been inconsistency so far. Everything is a mystery

1 Like