Considerations on WebDav

Dear dev team, I really hope you’re going to read this message.

This is clearly a busy time for you, as you just released a new version of the app. The native support for all the main OSs is a big challenge and it will for sure require time and effort to become as smooth as it is for windows users, I do think this is an achievement for you and it brought new life to the project.
Nonetheless, if I may suggest, I also think you should give more importance to your webdav implementation: given its broad adoption within the ecosystem it represents a very convenient way to bypass the lacks of your apps, while still being in development for new functionalities and/or bugfixes. Reading on the internet about the topic it’s clear how important this feature is for many potential users.
Your product is great for cross-device synchronization but your proprietary apps are not yet capable of doing it, such as the android app not being capable of synching anything else out of some gallery directories. Letting 3rd party apps doing this job for you would make your service much better and accessible for many more people (and therefore potential customers). It seems instead that webdav is almost unusable, even for super simple use-cases, when you need to sync a bunch of folders with not even few MBs; for example, I can’t use it to backup my encrypted notes and password vaults so that are safely stored and accessible on all my devices, since I get continue errors and disconnections because of some rate-limit cap you put on the server.

I know you already announced improvements on the webdav side, but please, if you provide access to it, make it work to a level at which we can at least use it to overcome the limitations you still have on the desktop-mobile apps. It would relieve us, but also you, from many issues and compromises during these times of transition, thanks.

4 Likes