Cache - second one?

Hi,

I ser the cache in settings to 20GB.

But, my C;\ Drive lost 48GB free space. I wanted to find out what it is, so I started the Program WizTree. It shows me that the big file is at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Icedrive

At this location were some folders and Files. One file was 46GB.

Why?
Can I do something to prevent Icedrive from creating this? I have not much free space on my local drive. Thats one of the reasons I use Icedrive. But when even this is filling my local drive, then something is wrong, isn’t it?

Greetings,
Andreas Ernst

HI @prunelle Welcome to the community! If you are experiencing issues, would you mind submitting a support ticket here and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

I have the same problem, cahce is taking up all remaining space on my C: drive. However, I have another internal drive with 800GB of free space. I redirected the Cahe location to this drive in Settings, but Icedrive is still using the original cache and will not let me delete it. I need to free up this space on C: — how do I delete it?

Okay, by unmounting Icedrive, changing the temp file to the free drive, and restarting the computer, I was able to go in and delete the bulky Icedrive temp folder on C: Then, when I re-mounted Icedrive, it recreated the temp folder on C: in … AppData\Local\Temp\Icedrive, but that folder now only contains another folder called “qt-jl-icons” which seems to be an empty folder. The actual temp files are now appearing in the free drive as determined in Settings. Seems to be working fine.