Cache folder flooded with TMP files

When I open a remote/encrypted folder in Windows file explorer, IceDrive immediately sends these files to my cache location, where they are stored as TMP files (indicated by a blue arrow). I have remote folders that contain really big files (several GB each), so when I open such a folder it takes a pretty long time to cache all those big files.

I know I can abort this file caching process, but I don’t want it to happen in the first place. Is it possible to prevent IceDrive from caching each and every file, or can at least certain file types be prevented from being turned into TMP files that land in my cache location?

My cache location now contains hundreds of TMP files and has a size of several GB. Although Economical caching is enabled, IceDrive does not remove these TMP files automatically. I do hope it is possible somehow not to create so many big TMP files in my cache location.

By the way, even if I manually clear cache, some small files, usually 0 KB files, will not be cleared by IceDrive.
IceDrive_Cache

In order for the drive mounted app to upload it does have to utilise local cache. Without this process the drive app cannot upload your file. Any cache files that are not in use will be cleared when you clear the cache. If they are still present then it is likely that they are still in use by the app for uploading to the cloud.

The thing is that the local files in questions have already been uploaded. This “cache flooding” only happens if I open an encrypted folder in Windows Explorer. Although all the files in that folder have already been uploaded, they are cached even though the files have not changed at all. This did not happen with previous versions of IceDrive (v2.xx).