Automatic download

I have been using IceDrive for months now.
The automatic download works like a charm on my Xiaomi Redmi.
My wife however uses a Huawei and her photos won’t download on the server, which makes the app tedious to use.

I reported it at the time and the IceDrive support team replied it was a known problem that they were working to fix.
Would it be by any chance fixed?

This issue is a real burden for her using IceDrive.

Best,

1 Like

Hey @PhilNancy and welcome to the community!

Thanks for the report - We’re aware of the issues between different devices with the downloading (especially encrypted files)

It’s fixed already on our internal beta, but its currently a very big update so it is taking some time to release - But we are on it!

Check for our notice regarding release of collaboration - That will be when the fix comes out. Not long now!

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Jimmy.

If I may none of the photos are encrypted. They just won’t download automatically.
At the moment we are sending them on IceDrive through a USB cable which is very 20th century.

Would you advise of a better method to send the pictures on the server while waiting for the soon to come fix?

Best,

Phil

You can always send links to whomever you wish to share either a specific picture (file) or folder.

with icedrive you set parameters such as if the receiver can download the image (or file) or just view it.

folder
to share a folder
from the desktop app click MY ACCOUNT from the ACCOUNT screen lower left corner
there you will be presented with your folders that are in your icedrive account
from there simply navigate to the folder where your images (files) are stored
you can select either an individual image (file) from within the folder or by going back one step to the previous folder where the images (files) are stored share the whole folder. (see below)

My files
------------> Images
--------------------------> image1.jpg
--------------------------> image 2.jpg

simply navigate to My Files (or the folder where the images (files) are stored)
right click on the folder
click on PUBLIC LINK
then ENABLE
then on LINK SETTINGS
choose an EXPIRATION DATE (when the link will no longer work)
choose DOWNLOAD CAP (how many times a download can occur)*
DOWNLOAD RESTRICTION will not allow any downloading if DOWNLOADING DISABLED is selected
if you want to allow others to download the contents of your image (file) folder select DOWNLOADING ENABLED
also you can set a password to protect the contents from unauthorized people in the last box
(this is highly recommended)

further
by selecting SHARING OPTIONS
you set the folder to READ ONLY or EDITOR (as EDITOR the receiver can change the conditions of the folder ) READ ONLY is default.
you can also send the receiver a link via email (if the receiver does not have an icedrive account it will be send via the public link)
in the ACCESS CONTROL window you can see whom has access to your images (files) folder
you can see at a glance whom has access.

OVERVIEW

• sharing a folder with anyone is actually pretty simple.
  • it is advised to ALWAYS use a password to protect your shared folder from anyone else.
  • setting a EXPIRATION DATE of a month (or so) is a good idea, so you don’t forget to cancel the share and to ensure your images (files) stay safe.
1 Like