Apps and Web App in Brazilian Portuguese

Hello Icedrive team,

A few weeks ago, I downloaded Icedrive in my father’s smartphone, and I noticed that the UI texts were 100% in English, that is, no Portuguese support.

Just for context, I’m a Microsoft 365 Family subscriber, so each family member has 1TB of storage on OneDrive. But we barely use a quarter of that amount, so, I’m really considering bringing my family to Icedrive, and putting 2 or 3 members in the Lite Lifetime plan.

However, noticing that there’s no translation for Brazilian Portuguese, I’m a bit skeptical that their UX wouldn’t be so good. They don’t understand English.
And the same goes for other users as well, I’ve seen comments by Brazilian users on Twitter and Play Store, and I know that the app does feel a bit out of place in a phone where everything is in Portuguese except for Icedrive.

My question is: Is there any chance I could become a volunteer and translate all the text elements from English to Brazilian Portuguese, so you can release the language support update for Brazil?

Sincerely,
Douglas

Hey Douglas!

Its funny you should ask as we are getting brazilian portugese done for android at the moment :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offer though! Its much appreciated and shows great community spirit, with what we could accomplish.

Ive just got back from florianopolis too as it happens, what a nice place!

2 Likes

Hi Jimmy,

Really?! What a nice coincidence haha

Yay! We’re finally getting Icedrive in Portuguese! :star_struck: That’s awesome, guys. Muito obrigado.

I’ve never been to Florianópolis myself, but, I hope you had a good time there! :green_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart: