All sync has stopped

Overview

[ desktop] [ 3.14]
[ W10 ]

Issue

[All sync on all devices has stopped - there has not been any sync for 2 days now]
I have 3 pc’s (same version, same OS) I can access the web portal, and see everything (nothing has synced for at least 2 days - )

thats another thing -
I absolutely hate it when there is any update - i loose ALL my sync settings and have to reinitialize every folder/ etc…

adding the sync settings back crashed the icedrive app
app froze then closed

now the desktop app launches then closes immediately - not happy!!!

I mimic your unhappiness in the product. Just too many inconsistencies & bugs & mind baffling implementations in general with this service.
The right thing to do would be to offer SOME sort of compensation, sorry gesture, etc, whatever but it feels like we main users are sort of like the BETA (2.0) testers. Updates to the app haven’t fixed the core issues (and most important ones), no responses or details about change logs from version to version are posted and all around just a service/app that can’t be trusted with syncing or working properly right now.
I’m sure I’ll probably be silenced or whatever else for this post, but I’m just talking facts. Proof is in the product in it’s current state.

@motorider4life Many bugs can’t be identified until it hits a larger audience, and then it takes some time to resolve all the new issues. I understand the frustration, but they’re working on it. You can see the changelog here for updates:

@Keebler Version 3.15 is available for Windows now. You can try that and see if any of your issues have been resolved yet.

It’s a resounding no. It has not resolved my sync issues. I have been using 3.15 since yesterday, and still, changes I make to in the virtual drive or web app, don’t appear in my local sync paired folders. Same same.

It was the same for me, I found that I could trigger this freeze by trying to sync more than one folder pair at a time. So when adding them I let the first pair completely sync before adding another and that way there were no problems at all. It’s not a solution but at least a workaround. :slight_smile:

Edit: The freeze also happens, but to Explorer.exe when there’s an Icedrive update, strangely enough. I’ve had my computer (well, mainly Explorer.exe but it’s impossible to start back up) freeze two times during all the years I’ve used it, and both times happened this last couple of weeks. One was when the 3.14 update came out, the other when 3.15 dropped. Both times my PC would completely freeze up and after a hard reset (shutting off power to the system by holding down the power button for a while) the “There’s an IceDrive update!” window would pop up.

Sync has stopped for me too.
I deleted the sync pair & recreated…
Everything seemed to work. But on reboot, no more sync