2FA Options for WebAuthn keys?

I have 2FA enabled with “Google Authenticator” aka TOTP. What other options are there? Is it still just a single WebAuthn key? If so, do you plan to extend to multiple WebAuthn keys?

Hey @BookIT welcome to the community! The other two 2FA options we support are SMS and U2F keys. We’re looking to explore allowing multiple U2F keys in future however nothing has been confirmed as of yet so am unable to provide an ETA on this just yet.

Thanks for that, unfortunately I can’t live with your 2FA offering, so will have to cancel subscription at next renewal.

Hi,

yes it could be great to have a 2FA with token (not just Google Authenticator), like FreeOTP or AuthToken app

You can use the TOTP 2FA with any app, meaning it does not have to be Google Authenticator.

SMS is not a secure 2FA method and your implementation of U2F keys remains unusable to this day (a single key with no recovery keys). So TOTP remains the only option you give to security minded users. That is, if they make sure to also backup the TOTP seed (again, no recovery keys).

As mentioned earlier, there isn’t possible to add backup method/another key. I would like to add multiple keys AND also keep the app authentication method. Please take this higher at your priority list.

2 Likes